think4D offers an extensive variety of advanced decorative and tactile decorations to elevate the unboxing experience for your customer! Truly eye-catching innovation from first “sight” and “touch”!
Below is a list of our most popular decorations, but we are continually researching new, dynamic coatings to bring to our collection. Our design team can also work with your vision or concepts to recommend an ideal combination for optimal results!
MATTE & GLOSS UV COATINGS
- Gloss Coating: a high gloss effect that can be applied in a spot or flood application, providing exceptional clarity, flexibility, and strong rub resistance. This effect is also available for flood application in Gloss Lamination for added durability.
- Matte Coating: a matte effect that can be applied in a spot or flood application, providing a soft sheen with glare-reducing qualities, flexibility, and strong rub resistance. This effect is also available for flood application in Matte Lamination for added durability.
- The combination of these two coatings on the same printed piece can maximize the visual contrast between the gloss and the matte areas. The results are striking, with the glossy areas “popping” and projecting out at the viewer.
Matte and gloss coatings are available for all our products. Click links below to see projects that combined Matte & Gloss Coating:
Rigid Boxes │ Shrink Sleeves
OVERPRINTABLE COLD FOIL
- Providing a true metal-effect, Cold Foil is available in a variety of colors including silver, gold, and bronze.
- Print can be applied over the cold foil to add a metallic shimmer behind graphics or branding.
- The over-printable foil creates a dynamic finish and visual effect that is going to get your customers attention. Our expert design staff are trained to understand the correct balance of contrast and design in order to achieve maximum appeal.
- Add a touch of sparkle and dazzle to your packaging with glitter coatings. Finely cut squares of metalized film with reflective properties add a subtle texture to the radiant glittering effect of this coating.
- Glitter is effective in spot applications to highlight or accent existing design features with an eye-catching shimmer!
Glitter is available for all of our product lines, click the following product lines to see how glitter has been incorporated into some unique packaging projects:
Glitter on thermoformed lids/blisters │ Glitter on In-Mold Labels
Click the picture to see how this project is used in multiple decorations to build enhancement and security into the packaging.
- We offer a variety of Holographic Foil patterns with exceptional brilliance and shimmer.
- Standard, cost-effective anti-counterfeiting foils or Custom Security Solutions are also available for added security measures.
Holographic foil is available for all product lines, click the following links to see how holographic foil can help your packaging standout:
CAST & CURE™
- Cast & Cure™ provides a shimmering, holographic effect that is available in a variety of patterns and gradients. This effect can be used as an accent or focal point, integrating with the graphic design for an outstanding visual impact.
- The application process involves the use of a reusable micro-embossed film that transfers the holographic image directly onto the material during printing. Cast & Cure™ is a sustainable and economic choice that is fully recyclable.
- Standard, cost-effective anti-counterfeiting Cast & Cure™ or Custom Security Solutions are also available for added security measures.
- Gritty Coatings provide a sandpaper or granular effect, creating a genuine tactile feel to enhance shelf presence.
- This coating can be used in spot or flood applications with exceptional clarity, flexibility, and strong rub resistance.
Gritty is available for all of our product lines, click the links below to discover how gritty can take your packaging to the next level:
- Pearlescent Coatings provide an iridescent, shimmering effect with subtle undertones of luminous colors.
- This effect is spot applied and adds a sparkle similar to glitter coatings. For added intensity, a concentrated coating can be applied, which will add a slight pearl-like color to the effect. This coating is also available in gold shimmer.
Pearlescent is available for all of our product lines, click the links below to see how pearlescent has been incorporated into other packaging projects:
In-Mold Labels │ Shrink Sleeves
- Texture coatings provide a dimensional finish for a tactile effect that consumers can touch and feel.
- This effect is spot applied to produce several different textures, such as leather material, frosted glass, orange peel, or to create a wrinkle-like appearance.
Texture can be applied to all our product lines, click the links below to see how texture can create some unique effects in your packaging:
In-Mold Labels │ Shrink Sleeves
- Scented coatings provide a vibrant, durable scent that is activated by touch, maximizing packaging performance.
- The coating is applied in line during the printing process – no stickers required! Apply a specific fragrance to a logo or image with ease.
- Custom scents are available by microencapsulating fragrance oils to give consumers the opportunity to experience unique scents before purchase. Standard scents are also available, including: peppermint, lime, apple pie, gingerbread, and many more.
Engage more of the senses in your packaging with scented coatings, click links below for project ideas:
MIRAFOIL® METALLIC COATINGS
- An over-printable UV metallic coating perfect for spot applications. This coating provides a matte-foil effect for a softer metalized look.
- MiraFoil® Metallic Coatings are a fully recyclable and sustainable alternative to Cold Foil applications.